Homeowners Guide to Roofing Services
Our homeowners guide to roofing services will give you with the ins and out’s of roofing services. This includes knowing when to repair or replace your roof and other services that you may need when repairing your roof.
One of the most important investments of any home is the roof. A leaky roof can lead to other problems in the home such as mold and mildew. As a homeowner, it’s important that you know when to replace your roof, what roofing services entail, and the process of finding the right roofing contractor.
Signs You Need Roof Repair Services
Here are signs that the roof of your home is in poor shape:
- Your roof is leaking – if you suspect that you have a leaking roof in your home, the attic is the first place to look. If sunlight is passing through the beams there are chances that you have a leaky roof.
- You have damaged shingles – When you look at your roof’s shingles they should be flat. Any curling up, cracked, damaged, and/or missing shingle granules means you need to consult with a roofing contractor.
- The age of your roof – The rule of thumb is that the roof system should be replaced after 20-25 years.
- There is moss on the surfaces of the roof – If you see moss on the shingles or other surfaces of the roof don’t just shrug it off as no big deal. Moss is a red flag that there is trapped moisture in your roof.
- Granules in the gutter – If you’re missing granules from the shingles you will notice them in the gutters. This is a big indicator that your roof is in poor shape and needs to be replaced.
- Your roof is sagging – A sagging roof can cause severe damage to your home. This should be replaced immediately. There could be moisture trapped in your roof.
Importance of Roofing Services
A damaged or aging roof can lead to other types of structural damages to your home. A few shingles in bad shape doesn’t mean you need to replace the entire roof, especially if it is handled right away. That’s why as soon as you notice any of the signs mentioned you should consult with a professional roofing contractor for roofing services. There are a number of roofing contractors out there, however, you can’t trust all of them.
To reiterate you don’t always need to have your roof replaced. When you contact us for an estimate it begins with inspecting the damage to the entire roof system. We will perform the necessary repairs needed to your roofing system, such as roof, windows, siding, and/or gutter repair and/or replacement.
How to Find Roofing Contractors
Why finding a professional roof repair company is important
Our homeowners guide to roofing services would not be complete without mentioning it is important to having roof work performed by professionals. This is important for a number of reasons. Aside from the work being gruesome and strenuous, there are safety issues when working on a roof. A roofing professional knows the precautions to take to prevent slipping and falling when working on the roof.
Here are other reasons a professional roofer is important:
- They are able to warranty the materials and the work. If you perform the work or have a nonprofessional perform the work, there is no guarantee the work will be done correctly, or if materials are damaged in the process.
- Professionals are skilled, trained, and experienced in what they do, therefore, they are able to provide high quality results. Not only do they provide excellent results, but they save you time.
- It takes longer for someone inexperienced in roofing services to perform the work that needs to be done.
- Expert roofers can perform gutter repairs which will help prolong the life of your roofing system.
When you are looking for a reputable roofing contractor, you should know what questions to ask and what to look for.
Here are some tips on what to ask when searching for professional roofers:
- Ask for details of ‘what work is being performed’?
- What does the company or roofer do when the weather is bad and prevents work from being done on the roofing project?
- What is done to protect your home from any damage done to the home while the roofer is performing work?
- What is the estimated cost and timeline of the project?
- Who will be installing the roof?
- How long have you been in business?
- What type of experience are your workers required to have?
- What safety measures are taken to protect your workers and my family?
- Are you insured?
Estimates & Contracts – What to Look For
Before signing any paperwork that you receive, you need to read it thoroughly and make sure it provides you with the exact details of the roofing project.
Here are things that should be stated in the contract and/or estimate:
- The exact work that is being done. What materials are going to be used to complete the project?
- What type of roof work will be performed – repair or replacement?
- What are the payment policies and what is covered under warranty?
- Does this service include removal and installation of old and new roof?
- What is the approximate timeline from beginning to end including dates, to complete the project?
- Who is responsible for damages performed while working on the roofing project?
ProCraft Home Products – A Name You Can Trust
As an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor, we provide top-of-the-line roofing services and materials installed by someone you can trust. Not only are we are committed to excellence, but we must also meet a high standard of excellence. The more reason to contact us by phone or email for a free in-person estimate and consultation.
When it comes to the roof of your home, you should be diligent and cautious when choosing a roofing contractor. We take pride in being an Owen Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor. We also take pride in providing you with nothing but excellent service from start to finish.
Thank you for reading our homeowners guide to roofing services. If you think you need roof repairs or replacement give us a call us at 419.475.9600 to schedule a consultation.